Wiki Medical Auditing exam

Watson10

Best answers
I need a tutor I was given the study guide from Doctors management for $160 and I passed all the tests in the book yet I failed the exam. Help I need a tutor will ing to pay.

Medical auditing exam

The problem may not be that you need a tutor - when you have passed all the exams in a study guide and you fail an exam that was not developed by the company that developed the study guide you need to look at other areas of concern such as; Does the NAMAS study guide correlate with the content of the AAPC developed and administered exam?

Maria

Last edited:
I need a tutor I was given the study guide from Doctors management for $160 and I passed all the tests in the book yet I failed the exam. Help I need a tutor will ing to pay.

This is interesting. I just received the Study Guide, as we speak. Box just opened and was beginning to look at it.

Do you think the book and the AAPC exam might really be off from each other?

Medical auditing exam

Passing or not passing exams in a study guide is supposed to be a good indicator of how prepared or not prepared you are to take an exam - if the study guide and the exam are in sinc. Test preparation is the purpose of the study guides.

Now, if the exam content is not inclusive or relavant to the study guide material than passing the study guide exams does not mean you will pass the actual exam.

Because one entity has developed the curriculum and another entity has developed the test there is a higher probability of inconsistancy.

Maria

I failed too

I took the NAMAS course, studied a lot, passed all the practice tests in the book easily, and I failed too.
There are no good study materials for this test - you are referred to the CMS site, the CFR, etc etc, for more information. These all have voluminous books of information - they are NOT study guides. The mere fact that NAMAS points you in that direction demonstrates that they feel their study materials are inadequate.
My NAMAS instructor also said that they have not been allowed to look at the test, or a breakdown of the results of testing, so even they don't know have to improve their course.
AAPC does not sell any practice tests, so you can't tell what will be on the tests, or how things would be worded, or even how the test was organized.

This was really disappointing, and expensive. But I think the worse part of it is that I have no clue as to what to do to increase my skills so that I can pass a retake. I'm already an Auditor!

Medical auditing exam

The questions on the exam should be referenced in the study guide. There are over 500,000 compliance questions that could be asked so unless the same specific pointed questions that are on the exam are in the study guide it is nearly impossible to know answers to 90 - 100 out of a possible 500,000 questions that could be asked.

The exam should be inclusive of the content of a study guide. Trying to memorize the whole federal register is not feasable.

Maria CPC, CPC-H, CEMC

Last edited:
The questions on the exam should be referenced in the study guide. There are over 500,000 compliance questions that could be asked so unless the same specific pointed questions that are on the exam are in the study guide it is nearly impossible to know answers to 90 - 100 out of a possible 500,000 questions that could be asked.

The exam should be inclusive of the content of a study guide. Trying to memorize the whole federal register is not feasable.

Maria CPC, CPC-H, CEMC
I too am a coder who took the NAMAS class,studied for months and failed the exam. Your points are well taken and I feel cheated that Names and AAPC say the 900.00 class is good preparation for the exam. The instructor told us after the class was completed that they no longer wrote the exam! As you mentioned in response to another member it is impossible to know the whole federal register do you have any advice? Specifically, I need material to audit foe E/M, surgery, pyhsical therapy, radiology, psyciatry, hematology/oncology and infusion services. Any guidance is helpful and thanks for your time. Barbara