Wiki Medicaid Incident To Rules?

mitzekelley

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know if Medicaid follows Medicare's incident to rules? Or if perhaps they have their own? I believe that Medicaid recognizes the SA modifier, but I want to make sure we follow any guidelines Medicaid has and not only worry about Medicares.

Each state's Medicaid program has its own set of guidelines - you would need to check the rules of the Medicaid plans to which you submit claims to get a definitive answer to this. Typically, if a local plan does not have guidance, then the CMS rules would be the default.

Also, you've posted this question in three places - please note that it's against forum guidelines to make the same post multiple times in order to get more exposure.

Thomas,

My intent was not to try and get more exposure. I was simply unsure as to the best location for this question. I do not understand people like you that try to be unsupportive to others in the group. I am not trying to manipulate the system. I am trying to get help. I don't think anyone wants sarcastic schoolings in someone's reply. We are supposed to be a supportive resource to one another. Please do not assume the worst in someone's intentions.

in defense of Thomas, he is one the most helpful and understanding people in this forum. he was simple pointing out that you need to read and follow forum rules when posting. you are missing the mark here with this person he is truly one of your best resources here.

Sorry for any hard feelings it might have caused and be assured I was not assuming the worst. I did not mean to be unsupportive or to imply that you were doing this intentionally - I was just stating this using the forum rules' own words. Many, many duplicate posts are made on the forum and when I notice it, I mention this to try to help keep it under control.

Thank you Debra for those kind words - I should say the same for you and your many helpful posts that we all see so often!

Last edited: