Wiki Lumbar ESI during Laminectomy

lpalladino

Contributor
Best answers
I am pretty sure the answer to this is no, but I would like to make sure I am not missing coding opportunities.
My provider performed an ESI during a Lumbar Laminectomy with bilateral neurolysis at L4, L5 and S1. Is there an open ESI CPT code performed during a laminectomy?

I am pretty sure the answer to this is no, but I would like to make sure I am not missing coding opportunities.
My provider performed an ESI during a Lumbar Laminectomy with bilateral neurolysis at L4, L5 and S1. Is there an open ESI CPT code performed during a laminectomy?
This is a little out of my area of expertise, but generally speaking an injection or other administration of a medication at a surgical site is considered incidental to the primary procedure. If this ESI is being performed on the nerve root that is already exposed during the laminectomy, I would consider that to be the case here.

Agree, local infiltration of meds, anesthetic at the same site is included. Was it 63047 for stenosis? Was the ESI done at the same level(s)?