Wiki Looking for some training in this specialty?

Kiracodes

Networker
Best answers
I am looking to gain some training and/or info on Uro coding? Both office visit and surgical coding. I currently code ProFee for multiple Hospitalist groups and have done primary care coding but have not done much surgical/specialty coding outside of some OBGYN that I did several years ago.

If anyone knows of any webinars, live seminars or is even willing to network with me to answer any possible Urology questions I may have in the future, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

You should look into joining the American Urological Association (AUA), which has a practice managers network that hold coding and management seminars quaterly. They also have a coding hotline and listserv where you can call/email and get advice, as well as submit difficult op notes for review and coding. I was a member for 6 years while I worked in urology and found it to be a very valuable resource.

http://www.auanet.org/resources/practice-managers-network.cfm

Feel free to send me a private message on here if you're interested in networking. We can exchange email addressess and if you need help or have questions from time to time I would be glad to help.

I have been doing urology coding for almost a year now. I didn't have the best trainer, so I learn as I go, do a lot of research online, ask a friend who has experience in Urology and even post questions here. If you guys wanna add me to your networking, that would be cool. Sometimes all you need is to discuss the procedures/codes/guidelines with other coders :)

Urology coder

I am also new to Urology coding and would love any information that you may have. my email is KBliss@ghs.org. Has anyone taken the CUC exam? I am taking it in July and I am very nervous.

You should look into joining the American Urological Association (AUA), which has a practice managers network that hold coding and management seminars quaterly. They also have a coding hotline and listserv where you can call/email and get advice, as well as submit difficult op notes for review and coding. I was a member for 6 years while I worked in urology and found it to be a very valuable resource.

http://www.auanet.org/resources/practice-managers-network.cfm

Feel free to send me a private message on here if you're interested in networking. We can exchange email addressess and if you need help or have questions from time to time I would be glad to help.

I am very new at urology coding too. Would love to join the communication ring too. Private email is kjprewitt52@gmail.com

Urology Coding

I am fairly new to the coding world (new as in I graduated last Oct). I am going for my CUC in Dec. I have been getting trained recently on taking over the Urology coding at my hospital. Right now I am coding for Cardiology so those two specialties are by far not the same. I would greatly appreciate any helpful tips or coding advice from any coder who is coding in Urology.

I briefly dabbled in Urology billing. This will not be as difficult coding as cardiology so that's a plus. Advice I would give would be "research into your bundled procedures when it comes to your urodynamics"