Wiki Looking for employment

boydjen32

Best answers
I am looking for a job. I am a new member and just got certified. Also I need some experience. I live in Apopka, FL which is near Orlando. I need some advice on where to go. I feel like I am lost right now. Most jobs they want you to have 2 or more years experience doing coding before they will even consider hiring you. How do you get experience if no one hires you or even doing an extern position.

Jennifer

Getting started

I would suggest looking for a receptionist position. Once you have your foot in the door, you can prove yourself and ask for additional responsibilities. Good luck!:)

Unfortunately, a lot of people I talk to who just finished school for coding are going through the same thing (including myself). I graduated two years ago and became certfied a year and a half ago. I applied for many many positions, but everywhere I go wants two to three years experience. I did do an xternship in an Ambulatory Surgery Center and they ended up hiring me part time and not at a "coder's rate" It is giving me experience however, and I plan to take more courses and a specialty credential and I am hoping that will help. It's just a tough market right now, so I guess we all have to hang in there and get experience whereever anyone will let us.