Wiki Looking for coding books

cpccoder2008

True Blue
Best answers
I am looking to purchase a 2010 ICD-9-CM for Hospitals, Volumes 1-3 Coding Book. AAPC has recently sold out and i cannot find it anywhere's and need it for an exam. If someone knows where i can get one at a good price please pm me or reply to this message. Thanks

Have you tried Amazon.com or Half.com? In the past I have bought used books from both for great prices.

Last edited:
i did try amazon but i'm scared if i purchase a used book they will have writing in it that is not allowed on the test, and i haven't heard of half.com ill try that one, thanks

You can have writing in your CPT book for the test. However you cannot have anything loose in your book or stapled, or taped in it. Like outside reference materials. I have read that you are now allowed to tab the sections but the tab can only have the section name on it and nothing more.
When I sat for the CPC I had notes written all in my CPT book. Some of them so small I had to squint really hard if I wanted to read them and the proctor said it was fine. Of course all the notes were basically clarifications of terms that confused me or definitions of words that I was unfamiliar with:)

You might to try to contact your local AAPC chapter if you have one. They or someone they know may have books (personal, work) they may be willing to loan to you.

Thanks

I ordered one from half.com.. it said it was used and when i got it, it looked brand new, better than my used books lol,, and i am takin the CCS exam with AHIMA not AAPC so i'm not sure what their ruling is as far as writing in books and stuff. I already have my CPC and CPC-H but in my area where i live almost 95% of employers require CCS instead.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Seeking 2018 ICD-10-CM PHYSICIAN CAROL BUCK

I have a brand new AMA 2018 ICD-CM MANUAL purchased in AAPC BUNDLE but I’m trying find eight 2018 ICD-CM MANUAL BY CAROL buck and does anyone know where to look if someone has used or would like the AMA AAPC VERSION

Retro coding manuals

I don’t have 2010 but I do have a set of 2013 in perfect condition I’m trying to find a 2018 ICD-10-CM MANUAL BY CAROL BUCK for my exam I’m more familiar with this version and seeking one, I HAVE A BRAND NEW SET FROM AAPC BUNDLE I really do not like the AMA version and never been used if anyone knows of anyone with the Carol box version really can’t afford to put another $130 for manual especially after this Small fortune to put out for the exam study guide online review etc.

Looking for coding books.

I don’t have 2010 but I do have a set of 2013 in perfect condition I’m trying to find a 2018 ICD-10-CM MANUAL BY CAROL BUCK for my exam I’m more familiar with this version and seeking one, I HAVE A BRAND NEW SET FROM AAPC BUNDLE I really do not like the AMA version and never been used if anyone knows of anyone with the Carol box version really can’t afford to put another $130 for manual especially after this Small fortune to put out for the exam study guide online review etc.

I think you'll see that nobody is looking for 2010 coding books. If you look at the date of the original thread you'll see they posted the question in 2010. It's therefore unlikely anyone is looking for 2013 books either.

Don't want you to waste your time replying to outdated questions.