Wiki Locum Tenens

BEGosch

New
Best answers
We recently had a doctor leave our practice and start his own. We are wanting to hire locum tenens until he is replaced. Unfortunately, we are unable to replace him until next year. We have an offer with one of the resident students that did her residency with us, but she can not start until August of 2015. We are wanting to use locum tenens until then. I know that there is a 60 day limit per locum. However, we have an agency who can provide us with 4 different locums but they would be on a rotation 1st wk of the month L1, 2nd week L2 etc. If I understand the locum tenen stuff correctly, we would only be able to use them for 60 days not 60 days per locum. Does anyone have suggestions on a better way to fill this position until next August? Can you confirm if I am correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, we currently are considered a group practice and bill out under a group NPI #. If this is the case, don't we bill out under the group NPI # and just use the departing physicians name and the Q6?