Wiki LMRP not matching to CPT (new coder-could really use the help!)

Bethy4444

Contributor
Best answers
Coder here, with very little experience. Have lots of questions but no one to ask.:( Please help!

I think I understand what the LMRP is and what is does, I'm just not sure how to search for the answer I need. I code from home, and the biller sent me an email regarding a couple of my codes. I believe what she means is that the Dx codes I am using do not match with the CPT I paired them with, and this is why they are being flagged by our clearing house, correct?

If that is the case, how do I look up the certain NCD/LCD for that CPT to see a list of approved billable codes? How do I even know what Dx code is incorrect? I tried to jump on the CMS website, but I can't figure out how to search that thing, either. Could someone let me know some info on this? I would really appreciate it, as I am the only coder for a billing company and everyone else knows less about coding than I do! I am very grateful for any responses!!

Coder here, with very little experience. Have lots of questions but no one to ask.:( Please help!

I think I understand what the LMRP is and what is does, I'm just not sure how to search for the answer I need. I code from home, and the biller sent me an email regarding a couple of my codes. I believe what she means is that the Dx codes I am using do not match with the CPT I paired them with, and this is why they are being flagged by our clearing house, correct?

If that is the case, how do I look up the certain NCD/LCD for that CPT to see a list of approved billable codes? How do I even know what Dx code is incorrect? I tried to jump on the CMS website, but I can't figure out how to search that thing, either. Could someone let me know some info on this? I would really appreciate it, as I am the only coder for a billing company and everyone else knows less about coding than I do! I am very grateful for any responses!!

Here is the link to CMS's LCD/NCD lookup. Choose Local or National, Select your state, and enter a specific CPT or key word. It will bring up any articles associated with coverage guidelines. Feel free to message me if you'd like more help! :D

http://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/overview-and-quick-search.aspx?from2=search.asp&

Last edited: