Wiki Lipoma

jhig34

New
Best answers
What Cpt would I use for a lipoma removal inside the abdomen on the other side of the muscle? The provider said it is below the fascia and it is not a part of the colon or mesentery. Thanks is advance.

Last edited:
Thank you, but isn't that for the pathologist? I am looking for the CPT for my general surgeon to bill to the insurance company for the lipoma removal and I've never had one like this before.

Thank you, but isn't that for the pathologist? I am looking for the CPT for my general surgeon to bill to the insurance company for the lipoma removal and I've never had one like this before.
Deep soft tissue tumor excisions of the abdominal wall would likely be coded in the 22900-22905 CPT range, but without reading the full operative report it's hard to know what code is appropriate here. My guess based on what you've said here is 22900 or 22901 depending on the size, but if the provider had to enter the abdominal cavity to access the tumor, then a more complex code may be required.

Deep soft tissue tumor excisions of the abdominal wall would likely be coded in the 22900-22905 CPT range, but without reading the full operative report it's hard to know what code is appropriate here. My guess based on what you've said here is 22900 or 22901 depending on the size, but if the provider had to enter the abdominal cavity to access the tumor, then a more complex code may be required.
Thank you. He hasn't done it yet. We are trying to figure the code out to precert it with the insurance company. It's certainly going to be deep. He said it's inside the abdomen below the muscle. Thanks again!!