Wiki Lidocaine injection-What is the HCPCS

did you give just an injection of lidocaine? or is it in conjuction with something else? did you give lidocaine to ease pain for a repair or other procedure? It helps to know the whole story.

need more information

Is this being done in conjunction with a procedure? If so, what is the CPT code(s)? How is it being administered? In many cases, lidocaine is considered inclusive of the procedure ... If you can provide more details...procedure, location, indication, route of administration, it may help to determine whether or not you can bill for it...

10cc of Lidocaine was injected into scar along with 40mg Kenalog, I have the code for Kenalog (J3301) along with my CPT 96372, I am being told these two codes are all I need (or can) bill.

You can only bill for the kenalog and administration of...not the Lidocaine. The lidocaine is an integral component of the administration of the Kenalog and is not additionally billable/reimbursable. It's what staves off the pain, so that the Kenalog could be injected deep enough to be effective...Hope this helps!

If it is given for a sphenopalatine block, can we bill for it? Into the nasal cavity and I also have a physician that used it orally for a patient with oral cancer.