Wiki Letter to remove "A"

Sac123

Best answers
Hi!

Does anyone have Format for the letter given by their employer, certifying work experience to remove "A" from CPC "A".I didn't submit that at first because, i didn't expect to pass.

I asked my previous employer to write one for me and he wants to know what he should write.

I will appreciate any help.

My supervisor just typed a letter stating that I had fulfilled 1 year of coding and told what code sets I used, that I was in a clinic and particularly coded for the Ortho docs. It was very simple and they accepted it with no problems.

A Sample

Dear AAPC

This is to certify that ____)name____ worked in our office as a ___(title of job held)___, from mm/dd/yy through mm/dd/yy. Her duties included __(duties related to coding)____. The positiion required regular use of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS manuals.

She was professional and concientious. I believe she would be an asset to your organization.

Sincerely,

/s/
Name of supervisor
Title of supervisor

Of course the above would be typed out on letterhead of the company/practice for which you worked.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Template

Date _____________________
Member ID number ____________________________
AAPC,
____________________________________ has been employed at __________________________________
(Member Name) (Company)
since ______________________ . During this time, ________________________________ has shown an
(Date) (Member Name)
extensive knowledge in utilizing and maneuvering through the ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding books;
which are required on a daily basis.
Current responsibilities include:
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at ___________________________________ .
(Phone and/or Email)
Sincerely,
Company_________________________________________________________
*Please note: this letter must be printed on letterhead and signed in order to be accepted by AAPC.