Wiki lerigermed

daverita1

Best answers
Could someone tell me or point me to the correct procedure code for billing the delivery charge on the date of delivery for Insurance and for Medicaid? Also, what code to I bill for the baby the day of birth? Have a Family Practice MD that is now delivering babies... Help!

Could someone tell me or point me to the correct procedure code for billing the delivery charge on the date of delivery for Insurance and for Medicaid? Also, what code to I bill for the baby the day of birth? Have a Family Practice MD that is now delivering babies... Help!

If the provider did all the prenatal work and the delivery, vaginal delivery is 59400 on the date of delivery. That also includes routine post partum exam 6 wks after delivery. That is standard for all commercial insurance, for Medicaid you need to contact the medicaid program for your state and get their billing requirements. Many of the Medicaid programs have their own codes to use for billing.

Newborn care services are under 99460-99463 in the CPT book and the guidance for those is listed in the book.