Wiki Left heart cath with aortograph-help

barrski

Contributor
Best answers
The right groin was sterilely prepped and draped. 2% lidocaine was used to infiltrate the right groin. A 6Fr sheath was placed in the right femoral artery using the modified Selginger technique. The aortic valve was crossed and left ventriculography was performed using a 6Fr angled pigtail catheter in a 30 degree RAO view. The pigtail catheter was withdrawn and aortic root injection completed in the LAO projection. Selective coronary angiography was performed using 6Fr JL4 and JR4 diagnostic catheters. All catheters were removed over a guidewire.

Currently coded as:

Dx:

Is this coded properly? We keep getting denials for 93567 (due to DX). Should there be a code from 36215 and/or 75600?

I'd appreciate any guidance.

The right groin was sterilely prepped and draped. 2% lidocaine was used to infiltrate the right groin. A 6Fr sheath was placed in the right femoral artery using the modified Selginger technique. The aortic valve was crossed and left ventriculography was performed using a 6Fr angled pigtail catheter in a 30 degree RAO view. The pigtail catheter was withdrawn and aortic root injection completed in the LAO projection. Selective coronary angiography was performed using 6Fr JL4 and JR4 diagnostic catheters. All catheters were removed over a guidewire.

Currently coded as:

Dx:

Is this coded properly? We keep getting denials for 93567 (due to DX). Should there be a code from 36215 and/or 75600?

I'd appreciate any guidance.

The codes look correct to me. You could ask the providing physician to transcribe a letter explaning the need to inject the aortic root, and file an appeal with the letter. I do not think you should code 36215 or 75600 based on the above document.

HTH