Wiki Left Heart Cath - femoral artery

Dgiannetto

Contributor
Best answers
Hi,

Here is my scenerio...

4f sheath inserted in the right femoral artery. Right common femoral angiogram performed through the sheath. Advancing JL4 catheter over J wire.
Wire removed.

Selective left coronary arteriograms were performed showing mild in stent restenosis in the mid left anterior descending artery (lad), normal circumflex, 70% stenosis in LAD proximal to stent.
Catheter removed.

I'm not 100% sure if this should be a 93454 or 93458? Please help.

Dawn Giannetto, CPC

Hi,

Here is my scenerio...

4f sheath inserted in the right femoral artery. Right common femoral angiogram performed through the sheath. Advancing JL4 catheter over J wire.
Wire removed.

Selective left coronary arteriograms were performed showing mild in stent restenosis in the mid left anterior descending artery (lad), normal circumflex, 70% stenosis in LAD proximal to stent.
Catheter removed.

I'm not 100% sure if this should be a 93454 or 93458? Please help.

Dawn Giannetto, CPC

Is this the complete op report?
IMO
There is no mention of cross the valve for Left Heart Catheterization and no mention of LV gram. What is listed above is just a coronary angiogram 93454 There is not documentation on the purpose of the femoral angiogram thus I have no comment.

HTH

You actually answered my other question. I thought the report might be labeled wrong. The auth was obtained for 93458 but I felt it should be 93454, it made me second guess myself. Thank you so much for clarification.