Wiki Left and Right Heart Cath

kvogel03

Guru
Best answers
Hi,

I have a report that has left heart catheterization and a right heart catheterization. Left heart catheterization was completed. When doing the right heart catheterization did not advance the Swan
Ganz catheter in the pulmonary wedge position due to the shape of the heart and frequent ventricular ectopy. Is the Right heart Catheterization billable?

Thanks,

Kayla

Hi,

I have a report that has left heart catheterization and a right heart catheterization. Left heart catheterization was completed. When doing the right heart catheterization did not advance the Swan
Ganz catheter in the pulmonary wedge position due to the shape of the heart and frequent ventricular ectopy. Is the Right heart Catheterization billable?

Thanks,

Kayla

Do you have documented pressures of the pulmonary artery, RV and RA? Or did they just leave the catheter in the pulmonary artery?
Thanks,
Jim

I have documented pressures in the atrial, right ventricular, and the right ventricular end diastolic pressure. No PA pressure due to the inability to advance the Swan in the pulmonary capillary wedge position.