Wiki Laproscopic component seperation & Ventral Hernia Repair

Praveen Ravi

Contributor
Best answers
Can you help me with code for laproscopic component seperation??

Pocedure goes like this...

A left subcoastal 2.5 cm incision was made,carried down to the ext. oblique msucle, which was split with a hemostat. Inserted a bilateral dissecting balloon and inflated under direct visualization. I identified the typical appearence of the lateral edge of the rectus fascia and the arching fibers. I then replaced the dissecting balloon with a balloon tip 12 mm trocar. I inufflated the preperitoneal space to 12mmhg. I placed 2 5mm lateral trocars and used blunt dissection to further develop the space superiorly and inferiorly. I then begun about 2 to 3 cm lateral to the lateral edge of the rectus muscle and opened up the aponeurosis, and this got me about 5-6 cm of length. I took the dissection up in to the subcutaneous tissue with the relatively clovis dissection on either side.Once this was completed, i then went to the other side and performed the exact same procedure mirroring the first Px. I then outlined the neck of the hernia with a felt-tip pen and then used a 10 blade to open up the skinand created elliptical excision around the Hernia. I continued to work my way around the neck of the hernia and then with the right ankle opened up up the peritoneaum and remove the devitalized skin and hernia sac and passed it off as specimen...

I can't find out an appropriate code for endoscopic component seperation.. Is there any laproscopic code that can go with 15734 ? :confused::confused::confused: