Wiki lap resection of torsed epiploic appendage? 49329???

MELJNBBRB

Guru
Best answers
PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:
Torsed epiploic appendage

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:
Same

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:
Laparoscopic resection of torsed epiploic appendage

ANESTHESIA:
General endotracheal supplemented with 0.5% Naropin local.

INTRAVENOUS FLUIDS:
Please see anesthesia record

BLOOD LOSS:
Minimal for my portion of the procedure.

SPECIMENS:
Torsed epiploic appendage

COMPLICATIONS:
None.

OPERATIVE FINDINGS:
There was a firm, fatty mass that had a somewhat necrotic appearance attached to the uterus and adnexa from the antimesenteric side of the sigmoid colon. This seemed consistent with a torsed epiploic appendage.

INDICATIONS FOR PROCEDURE:
is a 50 y.o.-year-old female who was taken to the operating room by Dr. xxx for a laparoscopic hysterectomy. During her dissection, a firm mass from the antimesenteric border of the sigmoid colon was found attached to the right ovary and uterus. I was called intra-operatively, with the case in progress, to evaluate this mass.

PROCEDURE IN DETAIL:
The patient was taken to the operating room by xxx . A firm, fatty mass from the antimesenteric border of the sigmoid colon was found attached to the right ovary and uterus. It had a somewhat mottled appearance. Given this lesion, I was asked to consult intraoperatively. Once scrubbed in, this mass-like lesion appeared to be most consisted with a torsed epiploic appendage. Given its firm consistency and somewhat mottled appearance, I felt that the mass should be removed. I used the trocars already placed by Dr.xxx to complete resection of the mass. The base of the mass was divided with a 60 mm white load EndoGIA stapler, taking care to avoid the wall of the sigmoid colon. The specimen was then placed in the cul-de-sac, to be extracted per the vagina during the extraction of the uterus. Care of the patient was returned to Dr. xxx after verifying hemostasis at the suture line.