Wiki Lamino/Lami/Transpedicular - HELP!

ashley0426

Best answers
Hello, below is the dictation from my doctor - he coded 63056, 63047-51 and 63030-59 - now it sounds right to me but I always want a second opinion on these.

'Attention was then turned to decompression where a hand held rongeur was used to removethe spinous processes of L1 and L2. High speed drill was then used to fashion bilateral L1 laminotomy, L1-L2 medial facetectomy and foraminotomy. This was completed with currettes and kerrison rongeur. Ligamentum flavum was elevated anatomically and resected with kerrison rongeur. Complete decompression of the central canal as well as bilateral L2 nerve roots was obtained from this perspective. High speed drill was then used to perform laminectomy at L2, L2-L3 medial facetectomy and foraminotomy. Ligamentum flavum was elevated anatomically and resected with kerrison rongeur. Complete decompression of the central canal as well as the bilateral L3 nerve root was obtained. High speed drill was then used to fashion a bilateral trans-facet/transpedicular approach for foraminal decompression of the L2 nerve root at the L2-L3 level. This was completed with curettes and kerrison rongeur. Additional amount of laminotomy was performed at L3 with high speed drill and currettes and kerrison rongeur for full decompression of the central canal distally. Excellent decompression was obtained.'

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :eek:

I would suggest billing 63047 L1-L2, and 63048x2
L2-L3.

63030 is for a discectomy in which I did not see in the provided documentation.

63056 generally used for compression caused by a transpedicular herniated disc.