Wiki Laminectomy vs. Laminotomy (hemilaminectomy)

Orpheus22

Best answers
Help! I need to see which code I would use in a procedure that reads: L4-L5 laminectomy, partial facetectomy, foraminotomy, dickectomy, interbody fusion with vertebral spacer, Infuse, allograft, posterolateral fusion with Infuse, Vitoss, allograft, autograft, and instrumentation.
Would I use 63030, or 63047? Any help is MUCH appreciated! :confused:

I would use 63030 for interspace since it reads L4-5. If it read laminectomy L5 that to me means segment not interspace and would use the 63047.
Hope that helps

Help! I need to see which code I would use in a procedure that reads: L4-L5 laminectomy, partial facetectomy, foraminotomy, dickectomy, interbody fusion with vertebral spacer, Infuse, allograft, posterolateral fusion with Infuse, Vitoss, allograft, autograft, and instrumentation.
Would I use 63030, or 63047? Any help is MUCH appreciated! :confused:

"Partial" is what stands out to me. Solely based on what you posted, I would use 63030. I didn't address the other codes since you didn't inquire about them.

Thanks!

Thank you SO much for the response. I was pretty sure of the 63030 as opposed to the 63047, but the terminology was what was throwing me off- (-ectomy vs. -otomy). But since everyone agrees, I'll feel better coding the 63030. You guys rock! :)