Wiki Lab work done outside Prev.Visits

JosephGar

Best answers
Normally the doctors and staff conduct CBCs and Lead Screenings during the course of a Well-visit. However, if the various In-house labs are done separately I need a V-code to show that this is simple screeing otherwise without a diagnosis that will not register with the insurance companies as a Well-visit as i have had annoying problems with this in the past. Is there a V-code that will cover In-office Lab tests? I was thinking of a V72.60 Lab Exam, Unspecified.

I would appreciate your input. Thank you.

Normally the doctors and staff conduct CBCs and Lead Screenings during the course of a Well-visit. However, if the various In-house labs are done separately I need a V-code to show that this is simple screeing otherwise without a diagnosis that will not register with the insurance companies as a Well-visit as i have had annoying problems with this in the past. Is there a V-code that will cover In-office Lab tests? I was thinking of a V72.60 Lab Exam, Unspecified.

I would appreciate your input. Thank you.

Some labs aren't covered under wellness benefits - it varies from plan to plan, so it's always important to verify benefits beforehand. If it's going to be covered at all, it should be covered with V70.0, but V72.60 should work, as well.

You might want to wait to do the billing until after the lab results are in, so that you can code any problems identified as a secondary diagnosis, in addition to the preventive diagnosis code. I would also check to see if the procedure code is eligible to be billed with modifier 33, on it. Hope that helps! ;)

Thank you

Thank you for the reply, Ms. I appreciate the help here. I am taking my CPC exam on Dec. 10 and I am terrified.