Wiki L3060

beastman1

New
Best answers
Hello All! Thank you for stopping by, to possibly give me suggestions on my question. By the way, I'm not working in the coding field yet; passed my CPC last summer and now taking the CPB course. In what scenario would I use code L3060, when I have the option of using L3040 or L3050 instead? Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten this newbie :)

per EncoderPro (emphasis added by me) -

L3040 - Foot, arch support, removable, premolded, longitudinal, each/Standard orthotic (removable shoe insert) for arch support along the length of the foot.
L3050 - Foot, arch support, removable, premolded, metatarsal, each/Standard orthotic (removable shoe insert) for arch support at the ball of the foot
L3060 - Foot, arch support, removable, premolded, longitudinal/metatarsal, each/Standard orthotic (removable shoe insert) for arch support along the length and at the ball of the foot.

it looks, to me, that the L3060 includes both the longitudinal and the metatarsal, while the other codes are for one or the other.

per EncoderPro (emphasis added by me) -

L3040 - Foot, arch support, removable, premolded, longitudinal, each/Standard orthotic (removable shoe insert) for arch support along the length of the foot.
L3050 - Foot, arch support, removable, premolded, metatarsal, each/Standard orthotic (removable shoe insert) for arch support at the ball of the foot
L3060 - Foot, arch support, removable, premolded, longitudinal/metatarsal, each/Standard orthotic (removable shoe insert) for arch support along the length and at the ball of the foot.

it looks, to me, that the L3060 includes both the longitudinal and the metatarsal, while the other codes are for one or the other.
Thank you. I understand now! Have a great evening.