Wiki Knee scope with multiple procedures

Best answers
Op note dx's are chondromalacia in all 3 compartments, synovitis, lateral meniscus tear.

The operation perormed: major synovectomy and debridement, chondroplasty of medial patellofemoral jt, medial femoral condyle and lateral compartment and partial lateral meniscectomy.

The carrier is Blue Shield of Mass.

I get the separate compartments and know I cannot bill the chondroplasty in the lateral compartment with the meniscectomy . . . but . . . do I bill G0289 with 2 units? Can I bill the major synovectomy as well. He reported in the op note that there was synovitis in the suprapatellar pouch, the medial and lateral gutters as well as a plica.

My goodness - I am getting old and feeble - any good courses out there anyone has attended that address complex billing issues in ortho? You guys are so awesome. Since I have been on I am really into this again after being only somewhat in it for a while. I need to brush up - thanks all you guys for your help - I do want to brush up big time and get certified in the next year or two.

Thanks a lot

Multiple knee procedures

Thank you for your help Iluvrock - awesome - this modifer thing is making me crazy and then throw in a G - code