Wiki knee revision

denarh40

Networker
Best answers
I am hoping someone can help me with this. I am new to coding ortho. The doctor performed a revision of knee arthroplasty of patellar component, exchange of tibial tray, and a lateral release. 27486 includes one component but what about the exchange of the tibial tray? Specifically, notes state:

The patellar component was evaluated and found to be loose with evidence of osteolysis on the medial aspect. There was also evidence of significant wear of the remaining lateral facet. The femoral component was exposed and found to have excellent fixation....The tibial tray also showed no evidence of loosening. The tray was removed to assist in exposure as well as for replacement....patella was everted..using sagittal saw cut was made and soft tissue debrided from patella. Lateral release was performed with excellent excursion of the patella....a new tibial tray size was then inserted.

Those are the major points in the op note. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

sounds like you would only use 27486 , if he replaced the femoral component as well you would use 27587. but it looks like it is just the patellar and tibial. I cannot find anything else. The Patellar must just be included in it from what I can find. The lateral release is included in 27486 so you cannot charge for that.