Wiki Knee procedure

RebeccaWoodward*

True Blue
Best answers
Ok....don't laugh. I really am trying to figure out if I'm missing something here....

Proc-
1-Left knee arthroscopy w/ partial medial meniscectomy
2-Chondroplasty medial femoral condyle

A superolateral outflow and inferolateral viewing portal were established. The 4.0mm, 30-degree arthroscope was then inserted into the knee. Inspection of the patellofemoral area demostrated diffuse grade II changes of the patella. There were no defects in the trochlea. The medial compartment demostrated displaced fragmented posterior horn meniscal tear. Using an oscillating shaver and ArthroCare, this was trimmed back to a stable edge. There was a small, approx 2x1 cm grade II injury to the medial fomoral condyle; this was debrided back. The intracondylar notch was normal. Cruciate liagments were intact. The lateral compartment was negative for any pathology..........

That's it.... 29881 and 29877 was billed. I only see 29881. Am I missing something?

nope you are right, just the 29881. Medial femoral condyle is the same compartment as the medial meniscus therefore 29877 bundles.

Thanks guys.......

I have received several op notes today to review and many of these had this type of dictation. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't in some bad dream. TGIF!