Wiki Knee procedure - track with multiple

amartinez1

Best answers
I want to make sure I am on the right track with multiple knee procedures and insurance is BCBS TX

Op note states:
Synovectomy performed in patellafemoral joint, medial and lateral compartments
Chondroplasty of the patella using 4.5 shaver
Debridement of lateral meniscus for degenerative fraying at the midbody

I know that only one procedure per compartment can be coded but a little confused with debridement for frayed meniscus. Would that be the same as a menisectomy or would it be the chondroplasty?
29881, 29876-59 OR just
29876 since chrondroplasty is included in the synovectomy or I know there is the G0289 code as an option
29876, G0289 for lateral compartment
Knee procedures are a little confusing to me.

I want to make sure I am on the right track with multiple knee procedures and insurance is BCBS TX

Op note states:
Synovectomy performed in patellafemoral joint, medial and lateral compartments
Chondroplasty of the patella using 4.5 shaver
Debridement of lateral meniscus for degenerative fraying at the midbody

I know that only one procedure per compartment can be coded but a little confused with debridement for frayed meniscus. Would that be the same as a menisectomy or would it be the chondroplasty?
29881, 29876-59 OR just
29876 since chrondroplasty is included in the synovectomy or I know there is the G0289 code as an option
29876, G0289 for lateral compartment
Knee procedures are a little confusing to me.

I'd go with 29881 with 29876.

So in this case is right to say that the debridement of the frayed labrum is the same as the menisectomy?

Second request please help? In an earlier response it was suggested to bill for the menisectomy and the synovectomy. My question now is since a debridment of the degenerative frayed meniscus was done is that the same as the menisectomy. In the op note it states "debridment of the degenerative frayed meniscus was done" it did not say menisectomy so i am a little confused on how to code this surgery.
Help!!!!!!
Thanks again for your quick response