Wiki Kenalog Billing

You'd code the injection based on the type/location, for example either IM 96372, or joint injection 20600-20610, or other injection, and then the J code based on the dosage given. Since the J code is for 10 mg you report the units necessary to report the dosage. For example, if you give 80 mg., you'd bill J3301 x 8 units.

Do you know if medicare pays for the Kenalog injections? I'm not sure what i'm doing incorrectly but all my claims with a kenalog code medicare is not processing. Help!!

Shayna - be sure your claims are being submitted with the NDC number. Also, J3301 is an "NOS" code so you should have a spot on the claim to add a desciptor for the specific drug, like "Kenalog 10mg." Hope that helps!

Thanks JREDLINE- I'm a little new at this. Which line on the HCFFA do i place the descriptor? I had the NDC # already. Your help is appreciated!!

How many units would this be?

Keloid, scar
Thickened, inflamed hypertrophic scar, irritated and scattered located on mid chest
Medical Decision Making: Keloid, scar , problem worse
POC: Recommendation is ILK see procedure note. May repeat in one month if symptoms persist., Keloid
injection - Intralesional Kenalog 10mg/cc mixed with 5-Flurouracil 50m/cc in 1 to 1 ratio into each lesion.
[Note: kenalog-10 50mg/5ml (NDC: 0003-0494-20),5-fluorouracil injection 50mg/ml (NDC: 63323-117-
10)], total of 12 keloids papules injected with 1.2cc