Wiki job seeking

Best answers
Good Morning,
I have received my CPC-A a little over a year ago. I have not had any experience in a coding position before. I am having a hard time finding a job without the previous experience. I am looking for a job in Indianapolis, IN. Does any one have any advice?

In Indiana Also

I wish I knew what to tell you, love to help people.
It’s a complete shock that you have been looking that long for a job!!! I keep seeing you need to get your foot in the door.... I have been a nurse for 26 years now. Assigned ICD 9 and 10 codes to the labs we had ordered. Lots and lots of documentation experience, paper and EHR, following lots of regulations, working within a scope of practice, medical terminology and anatomy knowledge.... and so on. I have been turned down for entry level positions that said I need to look for jobs I am qualified for ????
So this “foot in the door” is a complete mystery to me. No idea what is meant by the advice. I went to a few chapter meetings and not one person smiled back or replied to my hellos. And as a nurse, I can talk to anyone about anything. It’s my job and it’s become part of my personality to be ready to talk.
If you find out what the secret is to get these jobs, please pass it on.
I have went back to nursing and it’s going to probably put my health in jeopardy but we all have bills to pay. The health issue is why I took the medical coding program. My back is trashed from heavy lifting for all those years.
I sure hope you find some luck and get a job because coding isn’t easy, you worked hard to get certified.