Wiki J9093, J9070, J9080 and NDC #

jcroly

Contributor
Best answers
I work for a payer and we require the J code to be billed with the NDC #. The problem is that we have a provider billing J9093, J9070, J9080 and there are no valid NDC's at this time. What should the provider do if we require it but there is no valid NDC?

J9303,j9080,j9090

I hope you are not my payer, b/c I have had a few commericals denying the J9080? All drugs have NDC codes or they could not be issued per FDA guidelines, so I a little confused as to your statement about the NDC being valid, can you clarify this? Thanks

C. Shaunta Brake, CPC

Ndc

Hello,

I just wanted to state that all drugs have a NDC #. To find this you would look on the box of the medication that is admininstered( you could ask the RN). It is a 10 digit number and is ususally 4 digits and a hyphen then 2 digits then 4 more digits.

Hope this helps.

LL

Ndc

I just need clarification. I know where to find the ndc, do these numbers change? Or can we just use the directory. Any information on the best site to use and tips would be geat! :)

Thank you!

NDC #s do change so it can be hard to keep up with them sometimes. Most payers have a list of rebateable NDCs. If there's been a change not all payers are quick to get their lists updated.

Also....the NDC listed on the drug packaging may have changed from the time it was shipped to you to the time it was dispensed.

If you have specific denials for a particular drug for a particular payer it would be best to contact them to get more info and/or resources to correct the problem.