Wiki J2919 Solu-Medrol

Best answers
I know this code just went into effect on 4/1/24 and I am using JZ/JW modifiers appropriately but am receiving denials from BCBS stating "The place of service and procedure code are incompatible." It was administered as an IV push prior to an in-office infusion. I've received this denial on upwards of 30 claims thus far. How is the code not compatible with POS 11? Is anyone else receiving this denial and if so, have you found a way around it?

I know this code just went into effect on 4/1/24 and I am using JZ/JW modifiers appropriately but am receiving denials from BCBS stating "The place of service and procedure code are incompatible." It was administered as an IV push prior to an in-office infusion. I've received this denial on upwards of 30 claims thus far. How is the code not compatible with POS 11? Is anyone else receiving this denial and if so, have you found a way around it?
So we have a similar issue, but think the denials are likely the same. We were just notified by BCBS on the 5/16 stating they have updated their system to allow the codes to be billed as of 4/1. I would try resubmitting your claims.