Wiki J0704 Celestone injection- help please !!!

PKOHUT

Contributor
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Does anyone know why the J0704 code for Celestone was deleted for 2011? Is there a crossover code? What is the reason for the deletion? I need help on this one please....

For celestone at our practice we bill J0702 with the NDC# 00085056605. I don't know if this helps you or not.

The rationale provided by AAPC states "Code J0702 has been added to report betamethasone acetate and betamethasone sodium phosphate (3mg) each, in place of now-deleted code J0704. Betamethasone acetate/sodium phosphate is a corticosteroid, used to treat inflammation and allergic reactions, amoung other conditions."

J0704

Is that appropriate..to use J0702 in place of J0704? It is a different drug...has acetate in addition. I am assuming it also has a different NDC. Also the dosage on J0704 is per 4 mgs and the J0702 is per 3mgs/6mgs?

"CELESTONE® SOLUSPAN® Injectable Suspension is a sterile aqueous suspension containing 3 mg per milliliter betamethasone, as betamethasone sodium phosphate, and 3 mg per milliliter betamethasone acetate."

If this is what you are using then the code J0702 should be correct.