Wiki IV Vancomycin in Office Setting

Kmakar

New
Best answers
Our Hand Surgeon gave an IV of Vancomycin in the office during an I & D. This is in office, not hospital or free standing surgical setting. I don't code our surgeries, in general, and my understanding is that the IV antibiotic is a facility part of the surgical fees (and I don't know if the facility bills or not either).

So, my question is:

If hand surgery is done in an office setting, may we charge for IV of Vancomycin?

is this outpatient clinic? Otherwise how would the facility be an issue at all. If this is a physician office where everyone is an employee of the provider and he pays for all the overhead then there is no facility involvement and yes you bill for it all using the POS 11. Unless the pYient is a registered inpatient and brought over to your office. That is different and you use POS 21. If this office is an outpatient clinic as a part of the facility, then the IV is to billed out by the facility and you use POS 22, again unless the patient is a registered inpatient.

No, regular office. Just new to me and when I spoke with our surgical coder, she said she doesn't charge those because they would be part of what the facility provides. So that's where I got bogged down in facilities.

I was just unclear on giving the IV in the office. Thank you so much for your help! :)