Wiki IUD modifier

astough

Networker
Best answers
Hello! I need help!! I have been putting modifier "NU" on all of our IUD's. I have an insurance company, not Medicaid, that is now rejecting for an incorrect modifier. I removed the "NU" and resubmitted and they continue to reject stating "incorrect modifier or inappropriate modifier usage". Just wonderins, should I be using a modifier on J7300 and J7302 or not and if so, what should I use?? Thank You!

Hello! I need help!! I have been putting modifier "NU" on all of our IUD's. I have an insurance company, not Medicaid, that is now rejecting for an incorrect modifier. I removed the "NU" and resubmitted and they continue to reject stating "incorrect modifier or inappropriate modifier usage". Just wonderins, should I be using a modifier on J7300 and J7302 or not and if so, what should I use?? Thank You!

MOdifiers are not required on IUDs, they are an office supply item not a DME item. For the insurance that is still denying, you may need to call and see if they have that modifier stuck in the system so it continues to deny. Might just be a manual edit they need to do in order for the claim to go through.