Wiki Is there a CPT code for personal trainer

Best answers
Does anybody know what CPT code(s) can be used for a board certified personal trainer who is also certified in plant base nutrition, has completed Yoga training, Corealign training and a course in TRX? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Does anybody know what CPT code(s) can be used for a board certified personal trainer who is also certified in plant base nutrition, has completed Yoga training, Corealign training and a course in TRX? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can a personal trainer be credentialed by insurers in your state and bill for services? If so, then the scope of services that could be billed would be highly dependent on the insurer and the benefit plan. The specific CPT codes would be dependent on the exact services they were allowed to provide.

In my state, a personal trainer would not be an eligible provider type. I suspect most states are the same, but I can't say that with certainty.

Can a personal trainer be credentialed by insurers in your state and bill for services? If so, then the scope of services that could be billed would be highly dependent on the insurer and the benefit plan. The specific CPT codes would be dependent on the exact services they were allowed to provide.

In my state, a personal trainer would not be an eligible provider type. I suspect most states are the same, but I can't say that with certainty.
Thank you for your response. She would be providing treatment under the supervision of a Physiatrist which would be billed under his practice Tax ID and NPI.

I agree with Susan. I had to research this for our facility and discovered that, in my state, none of our insurers credentialed or recognized a personal trainer as a provider type the personal trainer would therefore be unable to bill independently for their services. If he/she is an employee of the practice, then that would be a different matter.

I agree with Susan. I had to research this for our facility and discovered that, in my state, none of our insurers credentialed or recognized a personal trainer as a provider type the personal trainer would therefore be unable to bill independently for their services. If he/she is an employee of the practice, then that would be a different matter.
Thank you for your response Amanda. Yes, during my research I read that a credentialed personal trainer would be unable to bill independently but as I mentioned to Susan, she would be providing treatment under the supervision of a Physiatrist which would be billed under his practice Tax ID and NPI.