Wiki Is anybody familiar with V70.7 -Mod.Q0, Q1

ecastillo

Contributor
Best answers
Hello, I am reaching out to someone who works in research or compliance area and is familiar with CMS requirement to add Diag. code V70.7 to research participants and the modifier Q0 "investigational item" and Q1 "routine care". I would like to know how this is going for you, since we are having problem implementing mandate and getting the V70.7 accross the bill. Also, is the Q0 being added to the investigational Drug?
I am looking for a pal to exchange knowledge and help each other. Thank you. Elena

great! thanks

Hello Machelle,
thanks for your response. We are a big public hospital in south florida and conducts hundred of clinical studies in conjuntion with a teaching institution. Implementing the
V70.7 , Q1, Q0 cond code 30, etc has been challenging to say the least. We finally have a system in place, but still face some problems, like recently some payments were denied since the V70.7 in an inpatient did no show since it was not on top 9 Dx, of course we dont want to eliminate one of the top 9 MCC or CC DX concer that this will decrease the DRG weight, what do you know about this? Also, are you adding V70.7 for all inpatients (participants of therapeutic/device study) or only Medicare?
again, so happy i we can exchange knowledge about this new CMS Rule.
Elena:)