Wiki Is AAPC Selling our info to third parties?

Best answers
Hi AAPC and Dear Members!
On July 31first 2015, I post a reply to the following thread which was post by a AAPC member name gr8gal61.
Hiring Certified Remote Coders - All Specialties
I post my FIRST, MIDDLE AND LAST name with email address that I am interested in this position. Today, when I GOOGLEmy name, My original post was on Google with my first, middle, last name,email address and my AAPC user name. It is never happened before. I Delete my post from AAPC but it still on from GOOGLE that I need a coding job with all my Info. Please, AAPC remove my post from GOOGLE. So, all AAPC membrers be careful when you post next time.

AAPC does NOT sell info to google, but the instructions and rules do tell you that information is searchable on public searches. Non members may not post threads or replies but may search using any search engine a topic and retrieve responses from the forum on that topic. Whic is why the forum rules forbid rudeness, and advertising, and self promotion among other things. Also why I do not recommend that you post any personal information that you do not want anyone to find with a search.

First of all, I do not know that none members can search all of our post. I thought they only can access to the coding post. Members pay 125.00 dollars each year. Now, when my First, Middle, and Last name is on GOOGLE with my email address, how I am gonna remove that. I remove the my post from AAPC but my info is still on GOOGLE. I will contact AAPC to help me with this. Also, I will never post my info on AAPC.

First of all, I do not know that none members can search all of our post. I thought they only can access to the coding post. Members pay 125.00 dollars each year. Now, when my First, Middle, and Last name is on GOOGLE with my email address, how I am gonna remove that. I remove my post from AAPC but my info is still on GOOGLE. I will contact AAPC to help me with this. Also, I will never post my info on AAPC.

I did not say non members an search the posts. They can however search topics on open search engines. If that has been addressed in a forum post then that post does come up in the search and can be read. Anything put in a forum post is available to be searched if an open search is worded with certain key words contained in that post or response. You put your name and info into a response. You them went to search under your name and it came up. You put it out there not the AAPC.

What Debra says is correct. Any information posted on a public forum is "out there" for the search engines to catalog. I have stuff from 20 years ago that pops up whenever you Google my name.

Not that this helps, but had you responded to the person who posted the job info in a private message, this wouldn't have happened.

First of all, I do not know that none members can search all of our post. I thought they only can access to the coding post. Members pay 125.00 dollars each year. Now, when my First, Middle, and Last name is on GOOGLE with my email address, how I am gonna remove that. I remove my post from AAPC but my info is still on GOOGLE. I will contact AAPC to help me with this. Also, I will never post my info on AAPC.

Here is the first line from the forum rules, FYI:
Warning. Your postings on this public forum will become public.