Wiki irrigation of post op wound?

klbecker

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Dr performed an irrigation and debridement on a patient, down to bone, on his right shoulder and back area. A few days later Dr took him back to the OR for an irrigation of the same area. I am not able to find a CPT for just an irrigation. I'm thinking it's included in the primary procedure, but I hate to that to my Dr. Am I right with thinking there is not a code for just an irrigation of a post op wound or am I just not seeing it. Please help!

Dr performed an irrigation and debridement on a patient, down to bone, on his right shoulder and back area. A few days later Dr took him back to the OR for an irrigation of the same area. I am not able to find a CPT for just an irrigation. I'm thinking it's included in the primary procedure, but I hate to that to my Dr. Am I right with thinking there is not a code for just an irrigation of a post op wound or am I just not seeing it. Please help![/QUOTE

look at cpt 10180 dx 998.59 then if the 1st procedure has a global just remember to put a modifier.
hope that helps.