Wiki Interview

ChelZee

Best answers
I just recently joined the AAPC, and also completed a course on Medical Coding and Billing at my local university. I am currently a manager at our local Taco Bell, and wanted a change, a career I could be proud of. I sent out my resume to an ad I saw in our local paper, and I wasn't expecting a call. But I did get a call, I have an interview on wednesday! Any hints or advice you can give would be great. Thanks.

I just recently joined the AAPC, and also completed a course on Medical Coding and Billing at my local university. I am currently a manager at our local Taco Bell, and wanted a change, a career I could be proud of. I sent out my resume to an ad I saw in our local paper, and I wasn't expecting a call. But I did get a call, I have an interview on wednesday! Any hints or advice you can give would be great. Thanks.

Congratulations! Be yourself and just answer all questions as honestly as you can. I would go to the local University job placement office and see if they will help you prepare. Research the company in advance. Stress that you learned a lot during your course work and you are prepared to learn even more on the job. Let us know how you did and good luck!

I agree w/npricercm. Always be yourself in an interview; if not when you least expect it, it will come back around to haunt you. Know something about the company, and yes, be willing to do any job that comes your way... Once in the door it is just a matter if time before you get what you were seeking.

Good Luck!!! :)
Fran Muldoon

Well I took all your advice and I felt the interview went pretty well. Unfortunately I did not get the position. One of the other girls in my class actually got it though. I'm from a small town and we don't get positions that open up like that everyday. i'm very upset with myself and discouraged.