Wiki Interview questions from 3 experienced Coders

Best answers
I am seeking help from the Career Center in my city and I need to interview 3 professional Coders to complete my paper work so that I can enroll in their program. Please help me.

1. What skills and personal characteristics do you need to perform this job successfully?

2. What Education and training is required for this type of Work. Did you participate in formal training?

3. What is the range of income possible for persons in the field? What is the starting salary range?

4. What do you like the most about your job? What do you like the lease?[/FONT]

Interview Questions for Certified Coders

1. Must be a adult learner, pay attention to detail in reading plus have idea how to locate answers with using the NCCI or review coding manuals
2. Yes formal education helps a lot but gained experience does too. Staying up to date reading trade journals on coding, CMS , etc
3. Beginning range of income depends where located in the US and gained experience. Staring $35,000 all way up to $80,000 depending on other off shoot careers from medical coding
4. I like words and following rules...this is vital in coding. However must be able to think what doing and always learning it is a changing constant career with medical guidelines. The least part is not getting good communication or guide at your workplace. At times doctors can be hard to deal with since most do not understand details in coding.

I hope this helps you!1

Lady T