Wiki Intercostal Radiofrquency

Lauravick123

Best answers
I was wondering if anyone has experience billing for intercostal radiofrquency(CPT 64620)? I have been unable to find an LCD on it, and was curious if you are billing for it, if there are certain guidelines that need to be followed and if you are getting reimbursed by payers? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you!

I was wondering if anyone has experience billing for intercostal radiofrquency(CPT 64620)? I have been unable to find an LCD on it, and was curious if you are billing for it, if there are certain guidelines that need to be followed and if you are getting reimbursed by payers? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you!

We've performed a couple over the last few years, and have been paid for them. Have 1 more we just posted recently, so that one is still pending. The notes I made are that guidance is included (per CCI edits), can bill one unit per level (1 unit per line posted, with mod 59 on each add'l). I haven't been able to find any LCD or NCD either--the dxs we've used were pleurodynia and intercostal neuropathy. All were to BC plans, so not sure about other payers.

HTH some!