Wiki Insurance company non-payment

OSBKWB

Best answers
We have an insurance company that will not pay.... We have submitted a good clean claim almost 6 months ago and still no payment. Our office has called several times and the patient has contacted them too. All we get out of them is the claim is on hold, no further explanation. We have been told repeatedly it is going to be paid and we should receive payment in 24-72 hours. Still nothing!!! I want to report this company, but I wasn't sure if I should call the OIG office or who? I would appreciate any information you have.
Thanks

I feel like there is a timely payment law act, but I don't remember the exact name. I would definitely research (pay a visit to Dr Google) and see what you find. If you're in-network with the insurance company, have you talked to your provider representative? Claims manager?

Good luck!
Lena

kara

I would file a complaint in writing and in this complaint I would ask for a date for mediation. They will hire an outside counsel to act as a Judge and resolve the case. Now what ever the counsel states you will have to accept. I have done it 2 times with good outcome.