Wiki Inpatient MDM question

Titali80

Contributor
Best answers
Inpatient H&P - If pt. has History of Bipolar. Physician documented in plan to restart the medication.
Would that be Est. Problem, stable improved or est. problem, worsening? I am still confuse about how to give points to Number of Diagnoses or Treatment options. Any suggestion? thank you

It depends. Is that an established problem to the doctor? or a new problem to him? The patient may have been followed by another doc for the Bipolar.
If it is an established problem, I would say worsening. If it was stable, there would be no need to restart medication.
If a new problem to the doc, the difference is if there is additional workup planned or not.

hope this helps..
Louise CPC

Thanks for you help. Initial Care for hospital admission. New pt. with Hx of Bipolar. I believe you are right, it will be est. problem worsening. Thanx

Thanks for you help. Initial Care for hospital admission. New pt. with Hx of Bipolar. I believe you are right, it will be est. problem worsening. Thanx

I'm confused. How would it be an established problem for a new patient? It's a new problem and a new patient with a history of bipolar disorder.