Wiki Inpatient/Facility Coding

kerri0402

Contributor
Best answers
I know AAPC does not deal with Inpatient Coding or Facility Coding. Has anyone ever taken and Inpatient course or bootcamp that they would recommend? I work for a hospital doing outpatient coding but would like to learn Inpatient. I looked over the AHIMA website, but I didn't see anything interesting. Thanks in advance for your help.

I know AAPC does not deal with Inpatient Coding or Facility Coding. Has anyone ever taken and Inpatient course or bootcamp that they would recommend? I work for a hospital doing outpatient coding but would like to learn Inpatient. I looked over the AHIMA website, but I didn't see anything interesting. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have always heard that AHIMA is the resource for Inpatient coding. Maybe someone else has a resource to offer.

I would suggest buying Faye Browns ICD 9 Handbook. That is what I used when I was decided to learn inpatient coding. I studied that book for a couple of months and was able to successfully land a facility inpatient coding job.

As far as learning DRGs, there really aren't any resources other than learning on the job.

Good Luck