Wiki injections following a procedure

alices

Guru
Best answers
hello can someone answer this for me, if a ortho surgeon performs a manipulation under anesthesia breaking up adhesions in the shoulder then injects marcaine and decadron into the joint can we code the injections? any and all help is appreciated..thanks alice

hello can someone answer this for me, if a ortho surgeon performs a manipulation under anesthesia breaking up adhesions in the shoulder then injects marcaine and decadron into the joint can we code the injections? any and all help is appreciated..thanks alice

I dont see why you can't bill an injection.

actually, I believe that the injection is bundled in with the MUA. You could always append a 59 modifier if you / doctor feels that extra work was performed and the documentation supports it.

The injection is bundled under CCI. It does allow you to override it with a 59 modifier, but I'm guessing they will deny as pain management and deny it.

re-injections

Thank you everyone for answering, the dr did the injections after the procedure was done but pt was still in the operating room, so can I code? I thought maybe I could just because it wasn't part of the procedure but again I am not all that sure..thanks alice