Wiki Injection kits

cynsteve04@aol.com

Networker
Best answers
Hi, I have sales rep trying to get our Drs to purchase injection kits with there own specific ndc and gave us a HCPS J3490 to use when billing for these kits. has anyone purchased these injection kits , we are advised that the reimbursement is anywhere from $400-$650.00 , any help is appreciated

Hi, I have sales rep trying to get our Drs to purchase injection kits with there own specific ndc and gave us a HCPS J3490 to use when billing for these kits. has anyone purchased these injection kits , we are advised that the reimbursement is anywhere from $400-$650.00 , any help is appreciated

I have not used these kits but current HCPC's list J3490 as an unclassified drug so I think I would be very careful. Hopefully someone will jump in with some experience with these.

YES my office purchased some of these....against my advice.
We billed only WC & comm ins...because I was concerned about the un-bundling.... and as you would imagine we have a difficult time getting them paid w/ multiple appeals as it is an unlisted code.

we did get paid on a few (WC)....some we did not...some pd very little...one has already been re-couped....as frankly it is a depo Medrol injection (we purch depo Medrol kits)

my docs are not ordering any more...they were not impressed.Good luck

injection kits

We have used about 30 of the kits. The commercial carriers, such as BCBS have been paying and some WC have been paying. We are receiving denials for the NDC number as well. Our docs want to use for Medicare patients. I am not very happy about this. :