Wiki Injection - I really need some help

kdubwright

Best answers
I am in desperate need of help. I am a new coder (just graduated in March). I code for a DO, and a FNP. Our DO does injections that have marcaine, procaine, lidocaine which are basically anesthetic type agents for pain. They are not just muscular, they actually go deeper but not all the way into the spinal column. They basically go into the nerve to give relieve for pain. I found the 62310, and 62311 code which looked like it fit. We even got a few of them paid and then because she was doing multiple injections in the same day they started asking for chart notes. Even with chart notes some were paid. When I got the complete description from our managment company it said the injections went into the spine which does not fit exactly what she does.

I found another code 64479 and 64483 which look about what I am looking for but does anyone know a better code for something like this?

The injections are done in the cervical, thoracic, lumbar and sacrum areas. I would really appreciate your help.

My email address is kdubwright@gmail.com

Karen

Injections for pain

We treat people with prolozone injections who have pain in their cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacrum areas. The injection goes through the muscle into the nerve but not into the spine.

The purpose is to give them relief from pain.

Sny help you can give me is great.

I think you are on the right track with 64479 and 64483, but like Ms. Mitchell said, a full procedure note would be helpful.