Wiki Infusions in the ER

I have a question about infusions given in the ER prior to
surgery is this not part of the global package.
Thanks,
Carol
Global surgical package is a professional concept that doesn't apply to facility coding. I think perhaps you're talking about the bundling edits on the facility side between the surgical procedure code and the infusion codes?

For facility purposes, you would not code infusions that are running during the procedure itself since those are considered an incidental part of the OR service. The facilities I've worked for will code the infusions running up until the time the patient is taken to the OR (with modifier 59 if it is on the same date of service), but will not separately code any infusions running during the time the patient is in the OR or the recovery area, so anything performed in the ER would be coded. Your facility should have an internal policy to guide you on this.

I see hospital billing level V for infusions for ER visits. Is this a high risk for the patient, this is a hospital visit and the patient came in with diarrhea.
I do not agree with our hospital grid 3 services level 5. X-ray, Lab. and infusions

I see hospital billing level V for infusions for ER visits. Is this a high risk for the patient, this is a hospital visit and the patient came in with diarrhea.
I do not agree with our hospital grid 3 services level 5. X-ray, Lab. and infusions
I responded to your similar post on another thread. As I said there, facilities are allowed to set their own leveling rules. If you disagree with the guidelines you're given, you should discuss this with your supervisor or manager.