Wiki In need of help with billing bcbs

Best answers
Hello community, I'm new here and have 2 claims that I need to submit for bcbs client. I'm normally only private pay but this family was suffering. I have zero coding experience. All help is appreciated. Can anyone help? Thank you

Why don't you just ask your specific question(s) here? Anyone who knows the answer(s) should be happy to help you.

Why don't you just ask your specific question(s) here? Anyone who knows the answer(s) should be happy to help you.
Thanks for replying, my question is how I code the following visits/services/supplies in order to submit to the insurance someone was trying to assist me, but this is as far as they got with codes and I'm not sure if they are correct. The services are as follows: skilled nursing in the home(s9123), wound care (97597 &97598, vashe (A6260), sterile wound dressing (a6245), 10 cc syringe (a6260), Picc line Maintenace (z45.0), statlock (not sure). can you or anyone assist.

Thanks for replying, my question is how I code the following visits/services/supplies in order to submit to the insurance someone was trying to assist me, but this is as far as they got with codes and I'm not sure if they are correct. The services are as follows: skilled nursing in the home(s9123), wound care (97597 &97598, vashe (A6260), sterile wound dressing (a6245), 10 cc syringe (a6260), Picc line Maintenace (z45.0), statlock (not sure). can you or anyone assist.

Are these being submitted on behalf of the patient? I'm just trying to clarify because it sounds like you're saying the family is trying to submit for reimbursement.

Home Health typically requires prior authorization, and I'd normally expect the provider who obtained the prior authorization to do the billing.

Since we're talking Home Health, you might get some better feedback if you can put that in the thread title. My understanding is that home health coding/billing is very different from most other types of services. Getting the attention of posters who specifically have Home Health knowledge might be helpful.

Good luck!