Wiki Immunizations

Terrym68

Best answers
I was looking at my ICD-9 to ICD-10 conversion for immunizations like DT, Flu, Pneumonia and all of these converted to the same ICD-10 code. Is this correct? Will immunizations have the same ICD-10 code?

I was looking at my ICD-9 to ICD-10 conversion for immunizations like DT, Flu, Pneumonia and all of these converted to the same ICD-10 code. Is this correct? Will immunizations have the same ICD-10 code?

Yes all vaccines and immunization a will code to Z23 , the CPT code will be specific to the immunization given

Z23

I am reading that Z23 can not be primary dx. If child is coming in for only immunization by RN, no well child check done by physician, how would you code the first dx?

z23 / confusing

Im reading the ICD 10 BOOK and under Z23 - encounter for immunization it says : CODE FIRST ANY ROUTINE CHILDHOOLD EXAMINATION....are they referring to CPT codes?

We give flu shots to adults only.

please explain...

thank you

They mean if you are giving immunizations with a well child visit the Z00.-- code for the well child encounter is coded first and the Z23 is second. If this is visit just for immunizations the use only the Z23 code, child or adult.