Wiki I'm having trouble getting MSP claims paid. What exactly do I use for value codes?

When you check Medicare for eligibility, and it comes up as MSP, it will tell you why the patient is MSP. Here is the table of codes, but be aware: even if the patient thinks they are type 12, but Medicare has them as type 43, for instance, your claim will deny. Most of the MSP I see are type 12 and type 43.

12Working aged beneficiary/spouse with an EGHP (beneficiary over 65). Beneficiary must have Medicare Part A entitlement (enrolled in Part A) for this provision to apply. Primary Payer Code = A.
13ESRD beneficiary with EGHP in MSP/ESRD 30-month coordination period. Primary Payer Code = B.
14No-Fault including automobile/other. Examples: Personal injury protection (PIP) and medical payment coverage. Requires OC 01 or 02 with date of accident/injury. Primary Payer Code = D. If filing for a Conditional Payment, report with Occurrence Code 24.
15Workers Compensation (WC). Requires CC 02 and OC 04 with date of accident/injury. Primary Payer Code = E. If filing for a Conditional Payment, report with Occurrence Code 24.
16Public health services (PHS) or other federal agency. Conditional billing does not apply. Primary Payer Code = F.
41Federal Black Lung (BL) Program. Primary Payer Code = H.
42Veterans Administration (VA). Conditional billing does not apply. Primary Payer Code = I.
43Disabled beneficiary under age 65 with an LGHP. Beneficiary must have Medicare Part A entitlement (enrolled in Part A) for this provision to apply. Primary Payer Code = G.
44Amount provider was obligated/required to accept from a primary payer as payment in full due to contract/law when that amount is less than charges but higher than amount actually received. An MSP payment may be due. Note: When applicable, this VC is reported in addition to MSP VC.
47Any Liability Insurance. Requires OC 02 with date of accident/injury. Primary Payer Code = L. If filing for a Conditional Payment, report with Occurrence Code 24.