Wiki If glenohumeral joint and acromioclavicular joint were injected can I code 20610 and

Amontas

Contributor
Best answers
If glenohumeral joint and acromioclavicular joint were injected can I code 20610 and 20605 together? It was an office visit provider injected both joint. I'm going through the guideline I don't see anything that said you can't code both.
Help please
Ann

It should be good to code if it's been documented. Just include proper modifiers and if any steroid was added then add the appropriate J code.

Peace
@_*
Make sure you append the 25 modifier on the E/M code as well.

I thought according to modifier 25 guidelines that you couldn't bill for the E/M because that would have ended up being included in the 20610 and 20605 codes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought according to modifier 25 guidelines that you couldn't bill for the E/M because that would have ended up being included in the 20610 and 20605 codes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You may be right but the office I'm working for has me coding this on our visits that end up with an injection. I'm sure other offices have a different policy.

Peace
@_*
Amontas, did the claim post yet?